It contains over 1% volatile oil (containing thymol, carvacrol,cymene, linalol, borneol), bitter elements, tannin, flavonoids and triterpenoids.
Friday - dosage
infusion: take 2 teaspoons of dried herb in a cup of boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes. Drink this drink, three times a day.
Tincture: 2-4 ml tincture, three times a day.
Essential Oil: 1-5 drops into the tub with warm water, We do a very good thermal bath, if we suffer from rheumatism or arthritis.
also called, that 1 essential oil drop on the aching tooth, alleviates pain.
Therapeutic effects and uses
-To thyme used against gingivitis(rub the gums with it), caries and dental plaque
-gargling with thyme decoction have good results in sore throat and severe cough. Causing expectoration and reduces unnecessary spasms
-It can be used to pertussis and asthma
-kills germs. Thymol and borneol containing impart specific antiseptic and antibacterial properties
-the drink helps the intestinal function and soothe bloating
-combats weakness and anxiety, mental and physical exhaustion, Depression and apathy
-using the bathroom, relieves patients with rheumatism
-as poultice soothes itching
-young children administered anti-worm
-It is generally used as a tonic and strengthener of the organism
-antispasmodic and softening of the stomach
-externally as a lotion is used on infected wounds
-It helps the respiratory and digestive infections
-It helps prevent diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome, known colitis
-good results in laryngitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis
-the deeply established lung infections
-with oregano and marjoram aromatize soups and sauces
-It goes well on grilled eggplant and baked peppers
-many consider ideal spice, even for the fish
• Thymol helps in the digestion of fatty foods.
• Thyme is a general stimulant and is valuable for the physical and mental prostration and weakness, the stress, neurasthenia, depression and migraine.
• Increases mental clarity.
• It stimulates the nerves.
• Makes for rickets.
• Opens the appetite.
• It is emmenagogue if the delay menstrual symptomatic.
• Antiseptic intestines, genitourinary system and lungs, thus it is suitable for intestinal infections, leucorrhoea and pulmonary infections, as bronchitis and tuberculosis.
• Regulates leukocytosis infectious diseases.
• It efidromatiko and regulates secretion in fever, Flu and colds and is a preventive antibiotic influenza epidemics.
• It is anthelmintic (aciduria, roundworms, film etc.) in humans and animals.
• It is slightly hypnotic.
• Prevents fermentation and gas concentration, in the stomach, abdomen and intestines and colic.
• When diarrhea, dysentery.
• antispasmodic cough, whooping cough and asthma.
• When the paralysis of the tongue.
• It is a diuretic and makes for dropsy.
• In gargle is beneficial for the throat.
• It helps blood circulation and strengthens the heart.
• It painkiller in rheumatism.
• Makes for toothache and is used in dentifrices.
• It is antipyretic in typhoid fever.
• Stops hair loss.
• Antiseptic and bactericide in skin and white discharge, heals wounds, pimples and burns.
• In gargle used for diseases of the respiratory system.
• Treats scabies and ringworm.
• fights against arthritis and rheumatism in the joints and muscles.
• An ointment with thyme is good for shingles.
• Makes the most good toothpaste. Thymol is used in dentifrices and mouthwashes. When you rub the gums with thyme treat gingivitis.
• The bathroom with thyme banishes fatigue.